Eunice Stevens, Glastonbury, CT - 1698


HERE LIES INTERRED
THE BODY OF MRS
EUNICE STEVENS
WHO DIED ON THE 31
DAY OF THE 31 YEAR
OF HER AGE JUNE 16
1698


Green Cemetery, Glastonbury, Connecticut

Glastonbury has one of the most amazing historical cemeteries I have ever been in. The quantity of old stones and gorgeous artwork is wonderful. I have a very sentimental attachment to this cemetery having visited many times before and spent numerous enjoyable occasions on the adjacent green.

Unfortunately, this visit was at completely the wrong time of day - 8:30 in the morning. The sun in east was too strong and faced the back side of the inscriptions. Nearly all the gravestones were shaded in darkness. Still I took lots of photos as a reminder of all it had to offer. I plan to go back in August and photograph at a better time of day.

If I could refocus my work to concentrate more on my own family history I would also switch to researching more about Glastonbury's history, genealogy and historic houses. Aside from my parents being family historians, I would have to ascribe my love of history and old homes to having grown up in this beautiful town.

Copyright 2010 Marian Pierre-Louis
May not be distributed or "fed" through another website without permission

Comments